Welcome to Quarter Two!
Quarter Two Important Dates
November 15: Report Card Pick-up from 12-6:30
November 22-24: Thanksgiving
December 25 – January 5: Winter break
February 2: End of Quarter 2
February 9: 2nd quarter report cards sent home
Please note that students in grades 3-8 are responsible for completing their mid-unit self-assessments by Wednesday, October 18.
The link to the self-assessments can be found on each grade level page.
Welcome (and welcome back!) to Spanish class in room 203 at LaSalle II! I’m excited for all of the fun things we will be learning and doing in Spanish class this year.
There are a few new changes for this school year:
- Spanish class 205 has a new teacher, Ms. Poveda! She is originally from Albacete, Spain.
- This year in grade 3 the world language department will be trying out a new system of assessment and grading. More information to follow!
- This year also marks the first in the Spanish classroom that we are NOT having homework in grades 3-8. No homework? But plenty of opportunities to practice via the website and more importantly, opportunities for students to monitor their own progress and have discussion with their families via our new self-assessment Google forms, which students will complete three times a quarter. More info to come on this as well!
As always, please email me with any questions or concerns!
Just a reminder that students in grades 3-8 who have written notes and/or homework should be reviewing notes or studying the vocabulary flashcards 5-10 min per day on average, in addition to their written homework that is due once per week. A little bit of Spanish each day is better than cramming or trying to study in large chunks in one sitting.
Welcome back to Spanish class for fourth quarter!
End of Quarter 3
The end of Quarter 3 is Thursday, April 6. No work will be accepted after Thursday morning unless it is already scheduled by the teacher to be completed during the class period on Thursday.
If you would like to schedule a specific time to meet with me during Report Card Pickup on 4/19, please do so via email. Otherwise, I will be available for drop-in times as normal. ¡Gracias!
Artist-in-Residence & NSE
- We’d like to welcome back Mr. Pazarán from the National Museum of Mexican Art to serve as the artist-in-residence for the middle school grades again this year. He will be working with grades 6-8 on projects related to the Spanish curriculum for the next several Fridays.
- The National Spanish Exam, for those who signed up earlier in the year, will be held on Tuesday, March 7th immediately after school. Please contact Ms. B right away if you have a conflict with this date.
End of Quarter
¡Hola! This week, 1/30 – 2/3, there will be no homework as it is a shortened week. There are no language classes on Monday, 1/30 and there is no school on Friday, 2/3. It is also the final week of this quarter. Please email me with any questions or concerns.
Welcome to the new website for Room 203 Spanish!
This website will hopefully be more user-friendly! At the top of the site, you will find a page for each grade level. On the grade level pages, the LEFT hand-side of each page will list resources, such as flashcards, videos or other links per unit. Each unit will also have a short description before its related resources. On the RIGHT hand-side will be a short update about what we are learning in class. The update is completed weekly, while the resources are updated as needed.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
I hope that everyone had a nice winter break!